Annual Day celebrations of the Dil Se Education Programme-CES, New Delhi
The Education portfolio supports civil society’s efforts in the areas of elementary education, adolescent education, child protection and the education of adult women. The Trusts’ work in the field entails:
- Efforts to improve access to quality education for children from marginalised communities are supported.
- The support of state-run schools in order to improve the quality of education and facilitate easy access to marginalised communities.
- The encouragement of integration projects; schools that cater exclusively to a specific community are discouraged.
- Financial resources are extended toward the improvement of the teaching-learning environment; i.e. provision of teaching aids, safeguarding the benefits of children and teachers. Requests for the creation of physical infrastructure are generally discouraged.
- The Trusts approach is based on Education for All, and does not support projects where children are excluded or discriminated on the basis of competency tests.